The Fit Test ...

| |

... was harder than any workout I've ever done.

Seriously.  

My fellow Insanity grads did not adequately prepare me for the intensity of the fit test.

Yes, I said the fit test.  In laymen's lingo, the "warm up" workout.  The workout you do before the real workouts to make sure you can even handle the real workouts.

And, let me just say, Tim and I looked at each other after the WARM UP like, "What the heck have we gotten ourselves into??!!"

But, with that said, we completed our fit test yesterday afternoon, and we passed with flying colors.  Thanks to P90X ... I can't imagine just jumping right into this workout series.  Kuddos to those of you who have done it!!

As promised, I will be sharing my evolutionary changes as I embark on this journey.  Sounds like it will be an amazing trip, right? ;)  However, I will not be sharing my "before" photo today.  Perhaps I will share it later ... when I have some progressive photos to go along with it!

Starting weight (can't believe I'm positing this): 131.7
Starting waist: 30
Starting hips: 38.25
Left thigh: 22.5
Right thigh: 22.25

Ugh.

Fit test results (Day One):
Switch kicks: 84
Power jacks: 49
Power knees: 92
Power jumps: 20
Globe jumps: 5 (This is about the time I starting to feel like I was going to vomit ...)
Suicide jumps: 13
Push-up jacks: 14
Low plank obliques: 50 (This is about the time I had to burp a few times to ensure I did not vomit ...)

For an extensive explanation of each of these moves, you can check the Insanity website.

Or you can just take my definition: TORTURE.

There is no other way to describe it.

So, after day one of eating 5 meals a day (totaling 1500 calories), drinking no alcohol, and completing my fit test (which was only 25 minutes of TORTURE), I'm feeling OK.  Not too sore ... my quads and hammies hurt a little bit, but not like the soreness I got from Tony Horton.  So I guess that's a good sign.

The body always remembers ...

So let's hope this one remembers what its like to be 20 pounds lighter!! ;)

0 comments: