Not Among the Masses

| |

I may be shot for this post.

But I'm going to post it anyway.

I finally finished Fifty Shades of Grey last night.  I say "finally" because I've been trying to read it for about a month or so now.

Yes, ladies, it took me more than 10 hours (gasp!) to read the first installment in the trilogy.  Not because I was sneaking away to be alone or because I wanted to read it by myself so no one would see me blushing.  But because I honestly didn't enjoy it.

I bought the book for my Kindle under false pretenses.  After reading all the rave reviews from my mommy friends, I was hoping for some good, what I prefer to call, mindless beach smut.  But this book goes above and beyond that.  The term "Mommy Porn" has been used loosely to describe it; I think that is a rough estimate of what falls between the overs of this one.  Being a modest, semi-private, Christian woman, I just couldn't get into this one.

I'm sure there is a story in there somewhere, but I couldn't get past all the dirty sex and F-bombs to find the story.

So there you go.  I will not be reading the 2nd and 3rd books.  I'm just not interested.  I don't care if Anastasia takes him back.  I don't care if they have a beautiful love story when its all over with.  I don't care who plays Christian or Ana in the movie (though i find it terribly difficult to imagine them actually making a MOVIE out of this ...).  I don't care why he is the way he is, where the scars came from, or why she didn't run for the hills the first time he opened that door.

And that's several hours of party planning I've missed and $9.99 I'll never get back.

Apparently there are others who agree with me ... for different reasons ...

Feel free to post your disagreements ... now ...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is funny! i'm not allowed to buy books because i read them so fast so I've been waiting for my SIL to get done and loan it to me. i've heard mixed reviews but you definitely aren't alone...i think the interviews she's given where she is talking about her sex life are nuts and i'm not conservative at all! Beth