Night Four Brings New Issues

| |

* This is just a warning -- if you are tired of reading my blogs about sleep issues and how I don't know how to deal with them, just don't read for a few days. It's all I have to talk about right now!

So last night was different. Kendall fell asleep by herself, which is a huge breakthrough. Of course, I tried putting Tanner to bed, but he wanted to rock rock, over and over. SO I just laid him down screaming and Tim came in to put him to bed. I'm thinking Tim should just put him to bed ... we'll see. So by 8:05 the kids were asleep! Hooray!

Kendall woke up at 11:30 calling for me from her room. She did not get out of her bed. When I went in, she needed to go potty, and then after proceeded to call me back in for about 45 mins. I finally told her that if she called me again, I was going to shut her door so she wouldn't wake Tanner. (That probably isn't what Dr. Ferber says to do, but I haven't read that far yet.) She woke up again at 3:30, doing the same thing. But she went right back to sleep, only crying once because she wouldn't find her lovey. Of course, then Tanner woke up. I went in, picked him up, loved on hm, did not rock, gave him some teething tablets and laid him back down. He went back to sleep. Then Kendall woke at 7 sharp, and I got in bed with her for a few minutes, just to let the sun emerge. Tanner woke up shortly after, and he climbed in bed with the two of us for a few minutes. I went to potty, and when I came back, this is what I saw.

How can you be mad at them when they are so darn cute in the mornings?!

Anyway, this is where we are. Last night I feel like I got less sleep than the nights before, but we're getting there. (This is when I would usually cave, justifying it by saying that we got more sleep when I was sleepign with Kendall. Just have to remember this si about her - not me.) Kendall stayed in her bed all night long ... do you know how long it's been since she did that? And I'm very proud of her for going to sleep on her own. She hasn't done that in 3 years!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there,Keisha! It's SO hard, I know. I wish I had found the book sooner! Blayke used to walk into my room every night until he was 5-and that was probably b/c I go remarried :- It makes sense, keep reading! You're doing great!