June 6th

| |

Today is the day.

I'm not sure anyone else even knows what today is.  I have tried not to think about it all week ... luckily, the days have passed quickly, and I've been surrounded by my wonderful family.

That helped.

But last night, after putting the kids to bed, I lay in bed, trying to sleep.  Trying not to think about what today is.

And I was, thankfully, able to fall asleep quickly after all the day's festivities.  But, even after a wonderful dance recital where my little angel performed beautifully, I still couldn't dream of anything else.

Of anyone else.

But that's OK.  Because dreams are the only place I can still hear his voice or feel his hugs.


Today marks the day that, five years ago, a drug addict took my daddy from me.

And he has served four years of his eight year prison sentence.

And I hope he is as sorry as he said he was at his trial.

But I know, no matter how sorry he is, he'll never be as sorry as I am that my dad is gone.

I miss you, Daddy.

Every day ... but especially today.

0 comments: