Nothing Tastes as Good as Skinny Feels

| |

A quote taken from my girlfriend (for life!!), Viv.  I'm not sure where she got the quote from, but it inspired me to write this post.  It appears that I'm running low on material right now, what with the kids returning to school and me not having much going on.  I don't want to bore you with the slightly annoying whining that appears to have taken over my posts as of late.  I've started several entries only to abort after rereading.  I was beginning to see a pattern ...

Kid complains or makes mess.  Mom gets irritated.  Mom yells.  Kid cries.  Mom feels guilty and apologizes to kid.  Then mom posts about it in order to get some affirmation from fellow moms and friends about how awesome she is and why it's OK to yell at the kids sometimes.

See, sounds strangely familiar, right?

Then, yesterday, when I was attempting to enter information in a pre-made spreadsheet from an employer (which, BTW, absolutely does not work for me ... the spreadsheet, I mean), I chatted with my other girlfriend (for like!!), Carly.

I know, right?  Who knew I had so many friends??

Carly has her own blog.  She is witty and charming.  Absolutely hilarious.  She writes about other things -- like living a life of leisure and her workouts and diets.

So this entry is going to be about my current weight loss struggle.

What???  You mean this isn't new material??  Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure I've never written about this before ...

Anyway, regardless, I know several people are in the same boat I'm in right now (mostly because we all complain about it on Facebook).  For whatever reason (too much cake, too many beers, not enough movement), I've put on a couple (or 15) pounds.  Honestly, I know exactly how it happened.  And while some of you may say, "Whatever, Keisha, you look great," you (I say it again) haven't seen me naked.

And you won't.  Stop getting your hopes up. :0P

Actually, I'm not so worried about the nakedness.  Good grief, Tim (who is the only one who does see me in the buff) saw me in all my "glory" when I was 200 pounds; I'm sure he's OK with the way I look.

It all goes back to the jeans.

Not the genes ... the jeans.  The expensive ones.  The ones that I can buc(inhale an suck in)kle, but not sit in.  I would like to be able to sit in said jeans again.  And not have to wait for the blood to rush back to my legs when I stand up after sitting for a little while.

Chuckle, if you must.  But some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

So I decided to start working out again -- Tony Horton now holds a special place in my day.  Picking back up with the P90X workout is just like riding a bike (or whatever you can compare to that).  It makes me ill that I used to be able to do all the exercises in Ab Ripper X and now I can only do half (on a good day).  But I'll get there again.  I also decided to really start paying attention to the food I put in my mouth.  I'm back on my Weight Watchers kick, which is probably becoming annoying to some people.  I'm a bit obsessed.  I don't go so far as to weigh my food, but I calculate points on everything.  I'm having to re-acclimate myself to eating fruits and veggies again; I have even acquired a taste for bananas!  (Those close to me know how much I used to loathe bananas -- I had to eat baby food bananas when I was preggers to keep my blood pressure in check.)  I eat Egg Beaters.  And whole wheat pasta.  And fish.  An drink so much water my bladder could probably swim away if not attached.  All of this leads me to the title of this post.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Several of the girls who are also doing the WW thing are complaining about being hungry and unsatisfied.  Luckily, with the new WW Points Plus plan, they encourage the occasional splurge.  (I'm going to get a little technical here -- bear with me.)  I get 29 points a day.  I also get 49 extra points for the week.  That's a lot of points, people.  I know, WW says that, if you are trying to lose, you should stay away from those extra points, but I also think that if you deprive yourself, you won't stick to it.

So ... to an extent, I agree that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Except red wine and chocolate.

So if I could find a high protein, high fiber, low fat, low carb red wine and chocolate, I'd be all set.

So let me know if you find one.

And remind me to write it on one of my lists so I don't forget. ;0)

0 comments: