Favorite Photo Friday

| |


Heather's 2nd Birthday
June 1998

As I'm in the throws of birthday planning for Tanner's birthday party (and I just finished planning Kendall's), I am reminded of when things were simple.  This picture showed up when Kendall and I were organizing the scrapbook closet this morning, which just also happens to be where every photo in our house is kept.  When I saw it, I couldn't help but notice how much Heather looks like my little 2 year old Kendall did.  Of course, everyone in the picture looks much younger.  But it was, after all, 15 years ago.

What??!!!

My first little bundle of love is turning 15??!!  On Tuesday??!!

OK, so she isn't mine, per se.  But I loved her like she my own before I had my own.  And I remember when she was born, like it was yesterday.  I remember leaving for UGA and being so devastated that I wouldn't be home when she entered the world.  I remember Mom calling me to tell me when she was born, and I couldn't wait to get home and see her.  I also remember leaving for my sophomore year when she was almost one and being so sad because I was afraid she wouldn't remember me when I came back.

(OK, so I was a little dramatic.  I did live out of my suitcase after all, coming home almost every single weekend.  I know ... I was a party animal.)

Now, as Heather has grown and matured, I get the feeling she doesn't like me as much as she used to.

Maybe that's just the hormones talking.  Of course, what 15 year old does like her aunt?

Anyway, I love this picture.  I love all the people in it.  I love that Josh looks so young (well, actually he was just then voting age.)  I love that Tim and I are together in this picture.  I love that it was taken in my mom and dad's old kitchen.

Happy birthday, Heather!!  I love you and I'm very proud of how you have grown!


0 comments: