Favorite Photo Friday

| |


Kendall Loses Her 2nd Tooth
June 2011

Shortly after this picture was taken, Kendall was watching herself talk in the mirror.  When she spotted me watching her with a goofy grin on my face, this is what she said.

"What?!  Why are you watching me?"

"I am just watching you and looking at how different you look without your two front teeth."

(While watching herself talk, with attitude) "What?  Do I not look like a child anymore?"

Oh, Honey, you have no idea.  

And just an hour ago, after playing outside and being "the oldest girl in the neighborhood," Kendall really let it show just how much she's grown up.

Tanner was whining (which is the usual case these days), and Kendall said, oh so sweetly, "Tanner, you better stop or some one's gonna kick your ass."

Ummmmm, hunh?

What in the world is going on??  I mean, this little girl has been so completely awesome this summer.  Perhaps she just felt like she needed to show how "grown up" she is around the younger girls in the neighborhood.  I don't know.  Now I feel like I need to go talk to the other mom and explain that, should Loren belt out a "shit" or "dammit," she is simply doing what she heard from the much older, much wiser Kendall.

Of course, I stopped her immediately with a, "No, Ma'am, you do not say that word."  

To which she replied, "OK, Mom," like it was nothing.

So maybe she didn't mean anything by it.  But we will be having a talk.  She hasn't used a bad word (I mean, for goodness sake, she thinks stupid and hate are bad words.) since she was 2 or so and yelled, "Dammit," after hearing me say it when I was frustrated.

Did she hear this from me?  Perhaps.  I mean, it is possible.  Ass is not my word of choice, though.  So that makes me wonder if she heard it on TV or something.

Something to think about.  After we have a talk.

She's just growing up way too fast.

0 comments: